Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic "Find 'S' files path not found (Read 1286 times)
Blinkton
Newbies

"Find 'S' files path not found
Mar 13th, 2021 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
After disabling then subsequently re-enabling the global option "Compile ALL Project Folder Sources", I see the following error/warning at the output of every build, even in new projects.

Compiling 'BluetoothRelay' for 'ATmega2560 (Mega 2560) (Arduino Mega)'
Find 'S'files path not found: rc
Find 'c'files path not found: rc
Find 'cpp'files path not found: rc
Program size: 2,220 bytes (used 1% of a 253,952 byte maximum) (1.09 secs)

I also enabled disabled then re-enabled the global options "Show Build Folder" and "Show Build Properties"

Verbose Build Properties output attached
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2021 at 2:34am by Blinkton »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: "Find 'S' files path not found
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2021 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the email with the verbose output. This is not an error just an info message that we will remove. If you create an \src folder below the project 9which is valid for arduino) the messages will go.

However, you are right that you should not be seeing the messages unless "Compile ALL Project Folder Sources" = True. In my test switching between True/False had instant effect on the next compile. 

If you set the property to true and then restart Vs does that resolve?

If not then run regedit and see what the reg key is set to? Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Visual Micro\Options\Compatibility

IP Logged

Blinkton
Newbies

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2021 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Thanks for the quick response. The message is now gone, but I'm not exactly sure what made it go away.

I verified that the "always include project folder sources" was true, restarted VS, built the project, saw the message again, set the property to false, restarted again, built again, still saw the message, set back to true, restarted and build again. Then the message was gone. 

Not sure what to make of that, but at least the message is gone.

As a side note, I also don't understand why I was getting those messages in the first place- the 'src' directory is in a shared code project that was under the same solution, but I was seeing the message on every project I built, regardless of whether it referenced the shared code project. No worries if you don't have an easy explanation for that, though, I mainly just wanted to remove the info message since it looks like a build warning.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2021 at 12:54am by Blinkton »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2021 at 2:01am
Print Post  
The "Compile Files In Project" is required for shared project code. The default is True. Setting it to false means you get a standard Arduino IDE build ignoring the solution explorer in Vs. 

It sounds like setting it back to True failed for some reason. When you change the setting it updates the registry and also runtime memory. The fact you could see the message again before and after restarting of Vs means your change from False back to true never happened. A lot has changed behind the scenes in vs since release of vs2019, especially related to UI threading. We will review the options window to see if we can reproduce.

Thanks

IP Logged

Blinkton
Newbies

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2021 at 2:25am
Print Post  
ok, thanks again. Let me also note that I'm running a pre-release build of windows 10 that has BSOD'd twice, so if you can't reproduce the issue, that might have something to do with it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint