Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Build fail - The directory name is invalid (Read 735 times)
Acuario

Build fail - The directory name is invalid
Dec 7th, 2022 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Hi,
I sometimes get the following when trying to build:
Quote:

Compiling 'Inverter32' for 'ESP32 Dev Module                                                                                                              (esp32_esp32)'
Build Folder: "
System.IO.IOException: The directory name is invalid.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.AddSearchableDirsToStack(SearchData localSearchData)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at Visual.Micro.MiroAppAPI.SketchBuilder._build(String lbuildPath, Boolean verbose, Boolean PreProcessOnly)
   at Visual.Micro.MiroAppAPI.SketchBuilder._build(Boolean verbose)
   at Visual.Micro.MiroAppAPI.SketchBuilder.build(Boolean verbose)
   at Visual.Micro.Visual.Studio.Arduino.AddInApp._CompileDo(Object oProject, Boolean IsDebugStartCommand, Boolean isRebuild, Boolean UseGdbIfAvailable)
   at Visual.Micro.Visual.Studio.Arduino.AddInApp.CompileDo(Object oProject, Boolean IsDebugStartCommand, Boolean isRebuild, Boolean UseGdbIfAvailable)
   at Visual.Micro.Visual.Studio.Arduino.AddInApp.Compile(Object oProject, Boolean IsDebugStartCommand, Boolean IsRebuild, Boolean UseGdbIfAvailable)

Clicking Build, this may occur several (3 or 4) times, then the build will start normally.

I have my project files located on a shared NAS drive (mapped to S:\) which I believe can cause strange problems in certain cases due to the SMB protocol used on the network.

Is this the case here? The thrown error seems to implicate the local c:\.. directory is the problem rather than the network directory.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Build fail - The directory name is invalid
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
I think the message showing c:\ is ok and complete. The system is then having a problem accessing the next path it is trying to output.

Sounds like the s: drive keeps disappearing for a short time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint