Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

  • Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled
 
Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Remote build, local deploy, keep intellisense happy - Is this solution appropriate? (Read 81 times)
m_404
Newbies
*
Offline


Posts: 5
Location: belgium
Joined: Sep 16th, 2026
Remote build, local deploy, keep intellisense happy - Is this solution appropriate?
Sep 22nd, 2026 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Hi,

I'm for now mostly using VMicro to get the intellisense support in visual studio 2026.

I will need, for convenience, to execute builds on another machine (my desktop), and edit/deploy locally (my aging laptop).

I took a look at VMBuild, and after a few tests, VMicro seems to update from the content of the temp folder. 

I can manually trigger a "rescan" from that folder by switching back and forth the active build config, or clicking "ensure all file in project" which seems to trigger a reload too (and is a bit more convenient to do, and automate).

Can I use that as basis to proceed further (retrieve the temp build output from a remote machine as portable/1:1 clone as possible, and overwrite it locally to get the "updated intellisense" and flash the device), or am I missing things that will blow in my face down the line?

I looked through the documentation without success, but maybe there's a better way to achieve what I try to do?

Thank you in advance for any pointers,

Best regards
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2026 at 7:19am by m_404 »  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
m_404
Newbies
*
Offline


Posts: 5
Location: belgium
Joined: Sep 16th, 2026
Re: Remote build, local deploy, keep intellisense happy - Is this solution appropriate?
Reply #1 - Today at 11:03am
Print Post  
Hi,

Has anyone had a chance to look into this or have a suggestion on how to proceed? ^^

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint