Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Problem with Installation (Read 4597 times)
John Feeney
Newbies

Problem with Installation
Jun 18th, 2012 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
I installed Visual Adruino Helper. Everything looks good on the install steps, I had Arduino.exe started before the install and I ran it after the install. I also made sure that in Options-Tools I set Arudino.exe folder.

However, I don't have the Arduino showing under New Projects.

I have tried running devenv.exe as suggested. However, I get this error.

devenv.exe /resetaddin Visual.Micro.VisualStudio.Ardunino.Helper

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details.

I have using Visual Studio 2010 Pro

Thanks, John

IP Logged

John Feeney
Newbies

Re: Problem with Installation
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Actually, I was the cause of that problem. I had copied the devenv files out to a thumb drive to make it easier to get at them....it didn't like that.

I went in and ran devenv.exe from Visual Studio -- Common7--IDE and it ran ok..and open Visual Studio and I could see quickly at the bottom that several VisualMicro item being reset.

However, no change at New Projects -- I still can not see Arduino as a menu item.

I assum that it should be found under the VC++ selection area?

Any idea what I could check or try next?

Thanks, John

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Hi, no it's not in the VC++ area it should be at the bottom of the "File>new" menu. "File>New>Arduino Project". It should also be on the "Add" menu when you right click the solution name in the solution explorer. And also on the VS Solution tool bar button.

I can understand you expecting to see it in the VC++ area but because arduino projects are normally created under the sketch folder it seemed pointless.

You can also check out http://atl.codeplex.com for an interesting vs template created by one of our members.

Please let us know if this resolves the question.

Thanks

IP Logged

John Feeney
Newbies

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Hey I got it working....don't know what I did.

I downloaded the template listed above and played around with it by building solution and hitting debug-run.

When nothing seemed to be happening. I closed the solution.

I shut down Visual Studio and reopened it. Suddently there was a new menu item under File -- New and Open (Before I just had New Project).

So I hit File-New-Arduino Project....I came up and asked for a sketch name -- MyFirstSketch

Thanks, John

PS - Why I was looking before in C++ is that the Netduino board adds a new template under the C# section. This is what is used to start a new Netduino Project.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2012 at 10:52pm by John Feeney »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Yes it made sense to look there. it might be that we build on the atl system and povide some ready to go templates in the future.

the reason why it didn't work immediately was that sometimes the devenv.exe process (visual studio) hasn't shutdown properly. The reset kicks in the next time vs does a clean start.

Glad it's all working, thanks for the update

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint