Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Header files are not being found. Code wont compile. (Solved?) (Read 3180 times)
Brandon
Newbies

Header files are not being found. Code wont compile. (Solved?)
Apr 27th, 2013 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
The issue I am having is that I can not get Visual Micro or VS to recognize the header files. It states that it can not locate the file. This is an ongoing issue and makes Visual Micro unusable. Please Help.

INFO:
I have a fresh install of VS, and a fresh install of Visual Micro.

-I have set the location of the Arduino folder in the Visual Micro settings. I have done this a few times just to make sure. I have even tried moving the Arduino folder around to make sure it wasn't because of permissions to the folder

-Switched between Arduino boards back and forth to force a reset. No luck...

-The ino file is the same name as the folder.

-If I go to "Project > Add arduino Library > Core" I see the libraries. I see the specific SPI.h library I am trying to implement. All librarys show up, even the ones that I manually added.

-No header files are found. It is not isolated to just the SPI.h header.

-I have created a new "Arduino Project" and copy and pasted my code into the newly created ino file. No luck

-I created a new "Arduino Project" and imported the old ino file. No luck.

NOTE [Solution?]: As I was writing this I made a new arduino file and copied and pasted the code and it worked. I think the issue was that I was using version numbers with a period in them. such as "Ver1.0" for the file name. This last time I saved it as "omg" out of frustration, and now the library is recognized. I have done this exact same process in the past, but I always put a revision number with a period in the name and it did not work. This might be a bug or issue. Though I am not positive this was the issue. I will update if I find later that this did not resolve the issue.

I am still posting this just in case someone else runs into the same issue.
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2013 at 5:33pm by Brandon »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Header files are not being found. Code wont compile. (Solved?)
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the post. Arduino only supports simple file names, no spaces or special chars. 

The plugin should give you a better error if you attempt to create or open a sketch file with an invalid name. I add that to the list for a future release.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint