Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) Win 7 ok XP not (Read 12837 times)
raptor7s
Newbies

Win 7 ok XP not
May 14th, 2013 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
I installed VM for Atmel studio 6.1 on Win 7, 64 bit, no problem.
30 day license aquired, no problem

On Win XP, 32 bit:
I uninstalled VM and then reinstalled the latest version.  I am getting the message "Activation Limit Exceeded for this key" when I try to get a 30 day license.  Cannot use debug.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Win 7 ok XP not
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2013 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Are you using the key I sent to you via pm? or clicking the trial button?

IP Logged

raptor7s
Newbies

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2013 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I tried both, with the same result.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - May 14th, 2013 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Okay so I can see the attempts today in the logs. The trial was activated on the 9th and the spare key I sent you was activated today. 

Then I can see 4 or 5 failed attempts. So I would be interested to know what the happened the very first time you attempted today with the spare key? Was there a long pause or seemingly no response to clicking the activate button and then you clicked the activate button a 2nd time?

After re-installing xp did you simply try to enable debug or did you go to the tools>options area to attempt activation manually?

The uninstall should not affect activation,  I will test what happens to 30 day trials after uninstall/re-install.

Anyway, I have deleted both activations for your xp machine. I had to guess the unique id that is stored for a computer from the activation failure logs so hopefully I got the right machine.

Both the trial and the spare key should activate now. 

You have hit this issue twice now, if you are growing tired of it and don't want to wait for a real license key (unlimited activations per machine, 3 machines) then you could  buy the debugger. It is on offer for $15 for a real key if you click the buy button. (sorry this is not a ploy to get cash off people it's just been a big project and I ran out of time).

Thanks

IP Logged

raptor7s
Newbies

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2013 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Tim - I purchased a debugger license for one of my win7, 64 bit machines.  I got the key and activated the license on that machine.
On my winXP, 32 bit machine, I uninstalled VM, uninstalled VS 6.1, rebooted, reinstalled VS 6.1, rebooted, installed VM, rebooted, installed the VS patch, started VS, picked an Arduino project, went to properties, changed none to full, got the licensing window, entered my key, clicked on Activate, it thought about it, then came back with the same licensing window, but the debugger was not enabled.  Every time I try to activate it, that is as far as it gets.  The license I purchased is from s*i*l*a@rcn.com.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - May 14th, 2013 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Can you please email me the license key that you are using and also the email address you used to purchase it.

and also let me know what s*i*l*a@rcn.com is

Thanks

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #6 - May 14th, 2013 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
It's okay, no need to pm me, I found all the answers thanks. I'll look at the logs

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #7 - May 14th, 2013 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Okay I can see 1 activation for 1 machine and 2 for another in the logs.

Would you please open "tools>options>visual micro>application features" and paste the key into the debugger key field then click OK. 

Does this open the activation in progress window then pause and then the status field below the key change to REGISTERED?

Thanks

IP Logged

raptor7s
Newbies

Reply #8 - May 14th, 2013 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
It comes back with "INVALID LICENSE (invalid hardware id)

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #9 - May 14th, 2013 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
is your xp machine running on a virtual machine?

IP Logged

raptor7s
Newbies

Reply #10 - May 14th, 2013 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
No.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #11 - May 14th, 2013 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Okay well i have another report of this for xp but that is on a mac running vmware and I replicated the problem yesterday using a virtual machine.

The registration is working but when the server returns the confirmation packet the hardware id generated for your local machine has changed. The hardware ids are generated from various settings on a pc such as amount of physical ram and other bits.

I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what makes up a hardware id but I'll look t it over the next few days and either fix it or remove the check. 

I don't expect any serious license crackers will both for the sake of a few dollars so security doesn't need to be so tight.

I'll post here as soon as a new release available, hopefully no more than a day or two

Thanks for your patience

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint