Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Unable to create new sketch (SOLUTION - Install C++ for VS) (Read 4136 times)
Acuario

Unable to create new sketch (SOLUTION - Install C++ for VS)
Aug 28th, 2015 at 5:16am

Hi,
I have VS2015 Professional installed and the latest Visual Micro extension from the downloads page.

When I click file/New arduino project then give a name in the dialog box and press ok I get an error box:
'Unable to create new sketch' The parameter is incorrect. (Exception fro HRESULT:080070057(E_INVALIDARGS))

It appears the project directory is being created and a skeleton .ino file is being created in the directory but I am unable to open the .ino file from the IDE (in notepad I see the skeleton code).

I'm also not able to open any other .ino files. 
With an empty Solution Explorer if I select file/open/Arduino project and select a .ino file I end up with, for example, 'Solution 'test1' (0 projects) and no files.

Any idea what is going on? Both VS and VM are clean installs on an upgraded Windows 10.

The Arduino ide V1.6.4 is installed and seems to work correctly.

Acuario
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2015 at 7:03pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Unable to create new sketch
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 10:49am

Please see the notes about selecting the C++ option when installing VS2015, on the download page, gallery page and FAQ Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2015 at 7:03pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint