Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) Project doesn't compile after upgrade to new VSIX (Read 6553 times)
bainbob

Project doesn't compile after upgrade to new VSIX
Nov 13th, 2015 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
I just went from the older add-in to the new extension. I have both 2013 and 2015 installed. I have two [source code] identical (other than names) projects (one in 2013, other 2015). The 2013 version now throws compile errors that don't even make sense to me. The project compiled and ran just fine immediately before the upgrade. I tried to attach a zip of the entire project but it was too big. The 2015 version still builds just fine. Example of errors:

MsgPumpTest.ino:8:25: error: variable or field 'setFactoryDefaults' declared void
:void setFactoryDefaults(TComponent* the_component)
MsgPumpTest.ino:8:25: error: 'TComponent' was not declared in this scope
MsgPumpTest.ino:8:37: error: 'the_component' was not declared in this scope
:void setFactoryDefaults(TComponent* the_component)

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Project doesn't compile after upgrade to new VSIX
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Hi,

1)
If you double click the errors that contain code.ino and line number info does it take you to the code?

2)
In 2013 if you go to "tools>addin manager" please confirm there are no entries in the list?

Thanks

IP Logged

bainbob

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
I Have two add-ins installed, Atomineer Pro and QT. They have been installed for a long time, and I don't see how they have anything to do with this.

double clicking the error takes me to the top line of the ino file, not to the error (which actually is NOT an error anyway, it's perfectly valid code). Also, the properties window looks to be missing a bunch of stuff, like the project defines.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I just wanted to check the older addin was no longer installed which is why I asked about addin manager.

You say the defines are missing from properties? Please show a screen shot with the properties selected and also showing the current state of the solution explorer.

Please zip and email both projects 2013 and 2015 to info[at]visualmicro.com

Thanks

IP Logged

bainbob

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Okay, never mind the properties thing. I did not realize that you get a different property page if the solution is highlighted in solution explorer instead of the project.

Is there some way to upload (or email) the entire project to you guys? I cannot get the original project to build even in 2015 - same errors. The source is IDENTICAL in both projects. Also, what is all the junk in appdata/local/V.Micro? And why do I also have a VMicro folder in the same place?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Ignore last msg

Email to info[at]visualmicro.com

By the way the recent releases, by default, only compile the files that are tagged into the solution with right click "Include in project". You can switch that off if that's not what you want. Maybe there is a sketch source code file that should be included?

Did you also click "Build>Clean Solution" just to ensure the cache is cleared?

Thanks

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the files.

Have you always set default values on your prototypes in the .ino? 

The way things have always worked for Arduino is to auto generate prototypes which will clash.

You can switch this feature off in project properties Micro "general>auto generate prototypes"

You can also remove the "Visual Micro" sub folder from below your sketch folder.

Switch to "Release" mode until the issue is resolved.

IP Logged

bainbob

Reply #7 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Yes, I've had the prototypes in there all along. I forgot about the arduino IDE wanting to generate prototypes for you (which I still think is stupid - they should have stuck with the standard). The problem now is that they DID do it so if you turn it off it breaks other [typical Arduino] code.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
If you switch off auto generate prototypes then you simply need to add prototypes for each method in the .ino source files. It's doesn't break anything if you do that because that is all the switch controls.

I expect you had this switch off for the current project prior to upgrade and visual micro lost the setting during upgrade.

You can either switch auto prototype gen off or move your code that requires default values in the prototypes to cpp/h files

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint