Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) WICED Feather and VisualMicro (Read 11214 times)
hack-o-holic

Re: WICED Feather and VisualMicro
Reply #40 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Ok, as you said, I had the Adafruit MQTT library manually installed.  I deleted that folder and then Reloaded toolchains as you said and got the following output which I will attach.

Tried to attach my txt file but said I didn't have the right to upload.  I'll e-mail text file.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #41 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the output and good to see it is working cleanly now.

Actually the problem you had in your previous post was that the board was set to the Arduino Yun because the system was confused after the install changes. It sorted itself out after restarting the ide or by re-selecting the board on the tool bar. This doesn't happen often, sometimes after changing install/config, a fix is being worked on at the moment.

You can see this in the original compile for the Arduino Yun which is always the first board in the list. It wasn't easy to see because you had the diagnostics switched on:-

Code
Select All
Compiling 'WICED_MPL3115A2_AIO_Test' for 'Arduino Yún' 

Then when it worked you could see this:-

Code
Select All
Compiling 'WICED_MPL3115A2_AIO_Test' for 'Adafruit WICED Feather' 

Installing the MQTT lib certainly caused the last compile error because it overrode the mqtt that is installed with the feather config. I will look into if the rules should have changed in that area or not.

One thing that strikes me is that now you have reinstalled your arduino and I assume your feather hardware config the uploader statement has completely changed.

Where previously it was making a python call now it runs the feather_dfu.exe so this might be an indication that the toolchain is still developing. I will try to get hold of a board and monitor its progress. 

Code
Select All
Uploading via Bootloader
C:\Users\[your_name]her_dfu\feather_dfu.exe -u "C:\Users\[your_name]util/dfu-util-static.exe" arduino_upgrade "C:\Users\[your_name]\AppData\Local\Temp\VMicroBuilds\[your_name]_WICED_MPL3115A2_AIO_Test\Adafruit_WICED_Arduino_feather/[your_name]_WICED_MPL3115A2_AIO_Test.ino.bin"
dfu-util 0.8 

One last question

Can you confirm if you have the board.txt setting for upload.8dot3=false? If so does it still upload okay if you set upload.8dot3=true

Thanks very much and well done for persisting.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:11pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

hack-o-holic

Reply #42 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
The toolchains are definitely still in active development.

I verified that I was still set to "upload.8dot3=false".  I changed to "upload.8dot3=true" and it still works just fine!  I'm going to just eliminate the board.txt files from now on as I don't think I need them now that we are done troubleshooting.

Thank you for all your help and communication on this problem.  It is sooo nice to be back in the superior VisualMicro environment compared to the Arduino IDE!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #43 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
That's useful to hear it works with default config (ie: without board.txt)

Thanks again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint