Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hologram Dash Intellisense support (Read 3601 times)
maxolydian
Newbies

Hologram Dash Intellisense support
May 26th, 2017 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
I have a Hologram Dash processor (ARM) that I'm trying to program within VS2015/VM 1705.8.0, Arduino IDE 1.8.2.

Although I can get projects to compile in both the Arduino IDE and VS, the Intellisense in VS is messed up when I select the Dash in my boards dropdown.

In particular, when using uint32_t, Intellisense properly recognizes it for "Arduino Uno" boards, but not for "Dash". 
As far as I can tell, I seem to be missing a #define in .<project>.vsarduino.h- maybe! 

The following code snippets follow the definitions of int32_t and uint32_t from .intelli.vsarduino.h through _default_types.h, stdint.h, and finally into my main intelli.ino file:
Code (C++)
Select All
//From .intelli.vsarduino.h:
#define __INTPTR_TYPE__ long
#define __INT32_TYPE__ long
#define _Pragma(x) pragma

//from _default_types.h:
#ifdef __INT32_TYPE__
typedef __INT32_TYPE__ __int32_t;
typedef __UINT32_TYPE__ __uint32_t;
#define ___int32_t_defined 1

//from stdint.h:
#ifdef ___int32_t_defined
typedef __int32_t int32_t ;
typedef __uint32_t uint32_t ;
#define __int32_t_defined 1
#endif

//from intelli.ino:
uint32_t ux;
int32_t x;

void setup()
{
  /* add setup code here */
	Serial.begin(9600);
}

The __UINT32_TYPE__ in _default_types.h shows as undefined, which causes the rest of the following definitions to fail- but again, only in IntelliSense, not during actual compile.

If I add the line
Code (C++)
Select All
#define __UINT32_TYPE__ unsigned long		//MISSING IN AUTOGENERATED FILE

to .intelli.vsarduino.h, the typedefs in _default_types.h and stdint.h now show correct IntelliSense information, but my uint32_t variable declaration in intelli.ino is still not showing correctly in IntelliSense.  It compiles correctly, but I think the vsarduino file gets regenerated before the compile, so I can't tell whether that would break the build or not.

I have many questions LOL but I guess two two biggest are:
  • How does vsarduino.h get generated?  Is there a "template" that I can modify?
  • How is it that the uint32_t declaration in my ino file still doesn't recognize the definition via IntelliSense, whereas the int32_t declaration works just fine?  Is this a bug in VS IntelliSense?  Bad configuration on my part?   

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I figure it's best to present as much (hopefully relevant!) information as I can up front.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Hologram Dash Intellisense support
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the useful info.

The vsarduino is generated by visual micro both from installed files and can be customized.

However the best solution is to tell me how to install your hardware so I can take a look and add automatic support for that type of board.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Hologram Dash Intellisense support
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint