Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Could not load file or assembly 'Atmel.Studio.Services.Interfaces' (Read 3454 times)
Adam99
Newbies

Could not load file or assembly 'Atmel.Studio.Services.Interfaces'
Apr 4th, 2018 at 10:24am
Print Post  
I've been using Atmel Studio and Visual Micro (registered) for about a week without any problems, until yesterday when I ended up reinstalling Arduino and Atmel Studio while hunting down an intermittent USB fault. Now when I try to do anything with Visual Micro, such as creating a new Arduino Project, I receive a popup telling me that a file or assembly could not be loaded (see attached), specifically:

Could not load file or assembly 'Atmel.Studio.Services.Interfaces, Version=6.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d264112969646cc9' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The upshot is that I can't do anything with Visual Micro. I've repeated the whole installation (Arduino, Atmel Studio and Visual Micro) on a second PC and a virtual machine, all with the same results. Please can anyone shed some light on what's going on?

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Atmel Studio version 7.0.1645
Arduino IDE for Atmel Studio 7 (1803.26.1)
Arduino version 1.8.5
Arduino install location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Could not load file or assembly 'Atmel.Studio.Services.Interfaces'
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Thanks for the report.

There was an update yesterday which has an issue.

It should be resolved tomorrow.

In the meantime you can work in Visual Studio 2017 if you have it installed
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:44am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

trevorH
Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
I have also had the same issue as Adam99 in Atmel Studio and it happened before I tried any re installations etc.  I have also noticed (now in Visual Studio) that the linker does not seem to be working correctly when I try to compile code when not in debug mode.  I can disable debug mode in the VM drop down menu and then everything compiles correctly no matter how I initialize the build but if I try and run the "Start without Debugging" with debug mode enabled in Vmicro drop down then there would be a huge list of linker related issues.  I am unsure how to provide any log information that may be helpful to you in determining how to resolve this issue but I will do so if you provide instructions.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Hi,

sorry about that update

There is a post at the top of this board (not this post) with a link to the update. It takes microchip a little time to approve updates into the gallery.

The post is here
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2018 at 5:17pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint