Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic UECIDE? (Read 2589 times)
Harrzack

UECIDE?
Jun 2nd, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Greets to Tim and all!

Just came across this interesting alternative to the native Arduino iDE:
https://uecide.org/

It looks rather nice - haven't actually used it yet - appears to be java based.   Any chance VM might go into such a package?  MSVS is a great IDE but it IS a tad heavy-handed for a lot of Arduino work.  I think I like it mainly for the code-completion, syntax checking, color highlighting and of course VM!

I suppose this has been talked to death already - but just thought I'd through in my $.02 (USD).    Cheesy

=Alan R,

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: UECIDE?
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
You haven't said which VS ide you are using. VS2017 with only C++ installed is very fast to load. VS 2017 is a new design that makes all the "bloat" optional.

Another point is that I don't do this for nothing and it's hard enough to get people to blog or buy the current effort. 10k forum answers over 8 years is more than enough Smiley

The future for visual micro is to drop support for vs2012 and vs2013 so that we can have tighter gdb integration along side some cloud/IoT tools.

IP Logged

Harrzack

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Tim - sorry to hear you've had probs attracting users.  Visual Micro is a great piece of software & VS/VM is an incredible combination - but VS may be a bit intimidating for new arduino follows. While the code completion and color coding would be a great help to them,  there are sooo many options in VS It can be a bit daunting to set up.  I'll will deg check into VS2017 - currently using 2015.

I only mentioned UECIDE as a possible place to add VS as a feature - UECIDE does seem a tad more user friendly that VS.   But then again, as  you say, you don't NEED to be doing this for free!  I do appreciate all the help and support you provide - and have just repurchased another license.  

Best Regards --  Alan R.    Kiss

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Thanks. Actually it's the opposite problems. Lots of people using Visual Micro and asking questions. Not so many buy as to allow other developers/documenters to come on board. So either blogging to ensure the long term larger numbers or buying to help with the short term is the most useful.

In what way is UCIDE more user friendly?
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2018 at 5:39pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Harrzack

Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
I guess you'd need to take a look at the features of UECIDE - https://uecide.org/tour.php
It is also (I think) a labor of love as it is currently free.

Perhaps since it is ONLY for Arduino and not the Swiss-Army knife of Visual Studio it may be a bit easier to get into.  I'll be giving it a go shortly and will let you know what happened.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Yes looks nice. I can see a few visual micro looking things in it so you should enjoy it.

I use vs for other development so it's not just for arduino for me.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:33pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint