Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Installed Visual Micro cannot Run VB (Read 1652 times)
Lou-Barnegat
Newbies

Installed Visual Micro cannot Run VB
Dec 4th, 2018 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Hello, I installed Visual Micro using 2010 Visual Studio today. I now want to write some Visual Basic programs but I am locked into Arduino c++ code. 
The Micro App box = Arduino 1.6   
The Micro Board box= Arduino/Gen
What to I do to write VB code?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Installed Visual Micro cannot Run VB
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
I am not clear about what problem you have and arduino is c++ but will give some info ...

The arduino tool bars are always visible unless you set them to auto-hide using the vMicro menu

The tool bars do not give an indication of what type of project you are working with.

When you install visual studio it asks which languages you want to install. You need to ensure VB is selected.

To create a project in Visual Studio click file>new>project then if you have installed VB you will see the various VB projects that you can create such as windows forms application.

IP Logged

davidcoward

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
First, I would upgrade to VS2017. Make sure you install C++ and VB (and anything else you want). It's all free. 

I use the VM extension to write for embedded stuff and VB for desktop all the time and it works fine. 

To start a VB project, just open up VS (without double clicking a solution) then Create New Project from the start screen. (These are are slightly different to what Tim suggesteded).

If you create New Project whilst in your Arduino Project, it will assume you want to add more of the same to your solution and you will appear to be stuck in C land.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
I think you are confused. I suggest using the vMicro menu to set toolbars to auto hide. Then you won't see the arduino bars when in a VB project.

In any event Visual Micro does nothing unless there is a c++ project open with some arduino code in it. 

You need to create a VB project using File>New>Project>Visual Basic. If you do not have the visual basic option then you need to follow the standard visual studio guides to install it which will be via add/remove programs>visual studio>change.

Does this make sense.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint