Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Intellisense not working in Shared project when it includes other libraries (Read 1388 times)
toomasz1
Newbies

Intellisense not working in Shared project when it includes other libraries
Dec 28th, 2018 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Hi, I've been using Shared projects for a while for developing libraries but I have never been quite able to get installisense working when my shared project library is using another library.
When I include external library via #include <FixedString.h> project compiles but installisense is not working.

You can check solution which I'm having problems with at: https://github.com/toomasz/SimcomGsmLib

Any advices?

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Intellisense not working in Shared project when it includes other libraries
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
One thing I have noticed is that you don't have a header in your libraries with same name as library. This makes library resolution for arduino much easier and more accurate.

For example ArduinoFixedString lib should ideally have ArduinoFixedString.h, this would avoid a FixedString.h being found in some other library. This is not the issue in this case but it causes other confusions.

For visual micro shared projects there is also currently a bug that is resolved by adding src\SimcomGsmLib.h to the SimcomGsmLib.h library. Then in your .ino code #include <SimcomGsmLib.h>. Aside from the vm bug it is good practise anyway, especially for users who install many different libraries into documents\arduino\libraries.

You have not posted an example project or said which board or toolchain you are using for your test. That would help thanks along with link to the library that can not be found.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint