Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: New to VM. Deep Search fails to build (Read 1953 times)
CliffA
Newbies

Re: New to VM. Deep Search fails to build
Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
I'm getting something similar and a lot of missing file error messages like stdlib.h etc.

The board has been added using the board manager and is listed in the text as the Adafruit-Feather_M0 so I know the board and library are there.

The error I see is:

Deep search for libraries ...
"{runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path}\bin\arm-none-eabi-g++" -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -w -x c++ -E -CC   -DF_CPU=48000000L -DARDUINO=10807 -DARDUINO_SAMD_ZERO -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD -DARDUINO_SAMD_ZERO -DARM_MATH_CM0PLUS -DADAFRUIT_FEATHER_M0 -D__SAMD21G18A__ -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x800B -DUSBCON -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="\"Adafruit\"" -DUSB_PRODUCT="\"Feather M0\"" "-I/CMSIS/Include/" "-I/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/" cores\arduino" variants\feather_m0" it_feather_m0\Release\OpenBionics_Beetroot.cpp" -o "nul"
The system cannot find the file specified
     Preprocess: "{runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path}\bin\arm-none-eabi-g++" -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -w -x c++ -E -CC   -DF_CPU=48000000L -DARDUINO=10807 -DARDUINO_SAMD_ZERO -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD -DARDUINO_SAMD_ZERO -DARM_MATH_CM0PLUS -DADAFRUIT_FEATHER_M0 -D__SAMD21G18A__ -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x800B -DUSBCON -DUSB_MANUFACTURER="\"Adafruit\"" -DUSB_PRODUCT="\"Feather M0\"" "-I/CMSIS/Include/" "-I/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/" cores\arduino" variants\feather_m0" it_feather_m0\Release\OpenBionics_Beetroot.cpp" -o "nul"
   Object reference not set to an instance of an object

An error was encountered during the 'Deep Search' library discovery process.

Thanks.

IP Logged

CliffA
Newbies

Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
TO add to this the project builds in the Arduino IDE with no issue just won't build in VS17 with the vMicro build button.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the delay, the M0 package will be retested during the next week.

IP Logged

CliffA
Newbies

Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Hi.

Just to further add in case it helps but I have added the Arduino Extension to VSCode and it builds fine in VSCode as well.

Thanks for looking into this though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint