Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Licensing Question (Read 2726 times)
dylanbatt
Newbies

Licensing Question
Apr 14th, 2019 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I have been using this product for anbout 2 years, and got to say its been fantastic, my main issue is the licencing

I have had a few instances where ither hardware failure or upgrades have caused the serial not to work again saying no activations left, and having to email to be reset

Is there any way of having a function to deactivate the licence if im upgrading so at least i can reactivate again without issues ?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Licensing Question
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks for the message. 

I agree there is a need for a facility on our web site for users to manage their licence after crash or change of pc etc. That will take some investment and admin, as does providing the updates. 

As a note, you did email prior to purchase and the current process was clearly explained so hopefully you recall that.

If people support this project by buying support (see buy page) it will help the product develop faster. Obviously an online system comes with cost and the product you purchased was only $29. So it will mean that we need a subscription system of some sort that might then also include an updates service.

We are trying to keep the cost really low but the admin side of visual micro builds up easily. It's true the self service portal would reduce some admin but it's only a handful of users that need frequent resets and subsequent email discussions. 

It's difficult to know what the priorities are and how to make it so that people who can afford do contribute but without making it out of reach to less the less wealthy. 

Thanks again for the post.

IP Logged

dylanbatt
Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
I understand the issues, but accidents do happen ie: HW fail, etc, 
Is there anyway to "Back up" licence file etc,that way i could just restore ?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Not at the moment but the license system is currently under review so it will get easier to work with. If you backup registry key "HKCU/software/visalmicro" you will find your key requires reset less frequently after major system re-installs or updates.

« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2019 at 5:09pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

dylanbatt
Newbies

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Great Thank you,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint