Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Folder only project type: New version of VM: Cant build, toolbars not working and lost my boards (Read 976 times)
jasper2
Newbies

Folder only project type: New version of VM: Cant build, toolbars not working and lost my boards
Jun 13th, 2019 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
I downloaded the new version of VM and installed. I have been running VS 2017 and VM for a few years now with no problems and regular updates.
With this new version of VM, it reset my toolbars , my boards and I cant compile in visual micro. 
did any one else try the new version of VM that we were prompted to install today?

See attached the build button is greyed out.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:46pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: New version of VM: Cant build, toolbars not working and lost my boards
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the post. There wasn't a new version today it was a few weeks ago but the notification was sent again today for those who missed it. It's been used by a lot of people. 

>> Please confirm what version you see in tools>extensions and updates>arduino ide/visual micro
>> Confirm that your Vs2017 is up to date? Microsoft have been changing a lot and we have to use their latest API's for vs2017

There have been some changes forced on us by microsoft for the release of vs 2019 in may, The tool bars have not been reset but some additions such as the new vMicro menu might have made vs move them around.

>>> Can you please show the full ide with your project open and some code open in the editor. 
>>> Also confirm you see a list of boards to the right of arduino 1.6/1.8 or on the vMicro menu

Thanks

IP Logged

jasper2
Newbies

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
thanks for the quick reply, I sorted out the problem by completely uninstalling VM from the extensions menu, restarting VS then re-installing VM. 

All good thanks.

(I could work as a helpdesk operator in a call center)

IP Logged

jasper2
Newbies

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Actually, it was a problem with one particular project. the new version of VM seems to be different in the way it handles "folders" , it didnt recognise my "folder" project as a compilable project, in the past it did.

I just deleted all the .vs related  files from my folder and used VM to open the arduino project again and all good.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Oh thanks, I will look into the folder only view. It's quite new to vs and you are the first person I have heard of that uses it. Good to know it worked before, not so good it's broken now.

Thanks for the report

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint