Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic ESP32- compiler can't find libraries that my older VM/VS2015 does (Read 1629 times)
Brian Millier

ESP32- compiler can't find libraries that my older VM/VS2015 does
Aug 7th, 2019 at 6:19pm

I have installed the latest VM/VS2019 (yesterday). When loading a program that I've been working on with my older VM/VS2015, it won't compile a program that the older VM/VS2015  (and Arduino 1.8.7 IDE itself ) will compile OK. The new VM version handles a ESP32 sample program OK. I've tried a completely "Stripped-down" version of my program consisting of just the following includes, plus empty/trivial setup(), loop() functions:
#include "FS.h"
#include "SD.h"
#include "SPI.h"
#include "driver/i2s.h"
This compiles OK until  I add the last line (driver/i2s.h), then the compiler gives the following error which strangely references errors in the FS library:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path aries\FS\driver'.
  That "driver" folder does not exist under the FS folder- but the "src" folder does, and it contains the FS.h and .cpp files needed for the program code (and which older VM/VS must be using)
Adding that last line will require the compiler to get a library from the arduino/hardware/espressif/esp32/tools/sdk/include/driver/driver. Both the Arduino 1.8.7 IDE alone and my older VM/VS2015 find this folder properly and compile without error. 
  I'm not experienced in how the VM toolchain picks out the proper library paths to use, but something is different from the way my older VM/VS2015 and the new VM/VS2019 work.
  I added ESP32 support to the Arduino IDE using the boards manager, and have the latest (1.0.2)
  Any ideas? 
Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: ESP32- compiler can't find libraries that my older VM/VS2015 does
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 7:56pm

This issue is resolved in the 1908.7.0 work in progress release available here
https://www.visualmicro.com/forums/YaBB.pl?board=VS_ARDUINO_EXT_RELEASES

Thanks for the report
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2019 at 7:57pm by Tim@Visual Micro »