Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic can't neither compile or run arduino project in visual studio (Read 749 times)
olivers1
Newbies

can't neither compile or run arduino project in visual studio
Jan 10th, 2020 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Hi, 

I get the following error when compiling my code (full fault code in attached screenshot):
Compiling debug version of 'test_2' for 'Arduino/Genuino Uno'
     Preprocess: "C:\Program ls\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions...
   [color=#ff0000]Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Debug build failed for project 'test_2'[/color]

I checked the post mentioning about the FIPS.. and ide-path (https://www.visualmicro.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1553435197/9) but FIPS were disabled the ide path seems to match the directory where Arduino IDE is installed.
I have tried to create different project types as well as restarting both visual studio and rebooting my computer without any success. Please have a look at my screenshots for more information.

-file path in explorer is: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt
-computer is connected to an arduino uno

please help me to solve this.
//Oliver
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:04pm by olivers1 »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: can't neither compile or run arduino project in visual studio
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
It's probably a permissions error because you installed arduino ide from the windows app store.

You can run the proper install from the arduino.cc web site or you can use this link to download the zip and expand into a folder such as c:\utils\arduinoide

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Donate

Then change your visual micro location shown in your screen shot to the path where you have installed arduino.

Suggest always avoid the window store version. You can always use the "Download IDE" button in the screen shot which also takes you to simpler exe or zip installs of the arduino software. (We don't change it, it is as they produce)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint