Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Arduino Library Project include directives (Read 571 times)
Matt Parish
Newbies

Arduino Library Project include directives
Aug 1st, 2020 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
I am trying to have a solution structure with a single Arduino Project that is the main code to upload to my board (Arduino Uno), with multiple Arduino Library Projects as wrappers for particular board module functionality (such as the Emic 2 TTS module).

My problem occurs when trying to include Arduino libraries in my own library project, the specific example being SoftwareSerial.h. If I include this in the library project and the main Arduino project, everything is hunky-dory. However, I don't want to include that library in the main project because it isn't necessary. I only need it included in the library project. When I try to do that, though, the solution will not compile as the library project doesn't let me include anything from Arduino unless it is also defined in the main project...

This is not consistent with regular Arduino functionality as one would find in the Arduino IDE.

Please instruct how to accomplish this as I have poured through documentation and forums and haven't yet found anything.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Arduino Library Project include directives
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Hi

Is it possible that you have switched off "vMicro>Compiler>Deep Search for Libraries"?

If that is not the problem them please include the information requested in yellow above. Visual Micro should work the same as the Arduino IDE unless you have switched off that option then it works as you describe and with faster build times.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint