Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Relocate solution folder, then intelisense problem. (Read 866 times)
Duggle

Relocate solution folder, then intelisense problem.
Jul 5th, 2021 at 10:25am
Print Post  
I've made a copy of the solution folder in order to reorganise my source files/folders and in the new location the Output/show output from:Solution window gives the message:
Code
Select All
error : Designtime build failed for project 'C:\WorkingCopies\test\myprog\myprog.vcxproj' configuration 'Debug|Win32'. IntelliSense might be unavailable.
	Set environment variable TraceDesignTime = true and restart Visual Studio to investigate. 

(Note that TraceDesignTime is an all caps env variable but we can't type that on this forum because that would be shouting Grin)
The message is printed 10 times. This happens wherever I try to move the solution folder to...
Thanks

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Relocate solution folder, then intelisense problem.
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2021 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
The ".sln" and ".vcxproj" files (all config files) are simple text files you can edit them if required.

Normally we would expect Microsoft to have stored relative paths but I guess that depends on where files are located.

You can make manual changes to the files with text editor if need be.

Were the .sln and .vcxproj on different drives to each other?

That is a VS help message, does Visual Micro still build the project?
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2021 at 9:38pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Duggle

Re: Relocate solution folder, then intelisense problem.
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2021 at 5:14am
Print Post  
By looking at the .sln and .vcxproj files I saw that a couple of libraries I was sure had been cloned to the project subfolder were in fact at the path ..\..\..\..\..\Documents\Arduino\libraries\
This pattern though relative did not point to the libraries in the relocated project. The Solution Explorer window did not reflect that they were externally located. I resolved the situation by "remove"-ing them from the solution then Add Library from the Vmicro menu again (cloned to project subfolders). 
Thanks so much for the suggestion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint