Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic IntelliSense problems (vs 2017 and Raspberry pi pico) (Read 1003 times)
Jaszczur
Newbies

IntelliSense problems (vs 2017 and Raspberry pi pico)
Jul 8th, 2021 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Hello,

Firstly I wanted to thank you for this great piece of work. It's just amazing how nicely done visual micro is!

Anyway, I started my project using the Adafruit/ItsyBitsy module, and of course Arduino, using Visual Studio Code and the Arduino plugin from Microsoft. The resources of this module proved too small for me, and I decided to move to the Raspberry Pi Pico, using unofficial support from Earle F. Philhower. Unfortunately, under Visual Studio Code the automatic upload does not work properly, and in general the whole support for Arduino is problematic and slow. By accident (watching Andreas Spiess' channel) I found out about your Visual Micro plugin, and I felt like I was in heaven when I saw how the integration with the IDE looks like. Smiley 

Unfortunately, under VS 2019, I ALWAYS had a VS crash after uploading code to Raspberry, just after clicking on "solution explorer", after closing the debug windows. This was unfortunately too annoying, so I moved back to VS 2017. There is no mentioned crash anymore, but there are problems with Intellisense - please see the attached screenshots. 

Is there any chance to fix at least one of the mentioned issues?

Thanks, and best,
Marcin
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2021 at 1:39pm by Jaszczur »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments
IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: IntelliSense problems (vs 2017 and Raspberry pi pico)
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2021 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the report, and positive feedback.

So we can understand the environment fully, would it be possible to enable the vMicro > Compiler > Verbose, and Show Build Properties options.
Then do a Build > Clean Solution, and then Build the project, and attach the full Output as a text file.

For the crash it may be worth Repairing and Updating VS2019 initially.

IP Logged

Jaszczur
Newbies

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2021 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the fast answer!
Please find attached verbose output.

Cleaning & Compilation works without single complain.

About repairing the VS2019 - this was an fresh install, never used before. There was no single problem with the instalation, so I never thought that repairing such fresh content might resolve anything... Sad

Version check showed that VS was the current & up to date.
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2021 at 3:03pm by Jaszczur »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments
IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2021 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the detail, and agree a clean VS should be fine, just covering the simple options first.  We will try to reproduce this and investigate further.

If you update the board package to the new "Arduino Mbed OS RP2040 Boards", the intellisense should improve, and we are continuing to work on this area in the coming releases.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint