Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Weird Build output (Read 1482 times)
Doughboy
Newbies

Weird Build output
Apr 28th, 2022 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Hi 
I have got an annoying Build output,
I have reinstalled windows 11 and reinstalled Arduino IDE, Visual Studio 2022 and I still get the following when compiling only for ESP32.

This is a Vanila Setup nothing fancy just a Blink sketch. but it happens all the time when compiling for ESP32 large or small code sizes.
The code compiles fine but leaves me worried in case I have screwed something up!!
Any help or insight would be apreciated.

it started just after the last update. I haven't used it for ESP32 for a while, which is why I have only just noticed it.

Regards 
Richard 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin>chcp 65001  1>NUL 2>NUL
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin>if exist ug\partitions.csv" del /f ug\partitions.csv"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin>if exist "C:\VS22\Code\Blink1\partitions.csv" COPY /y "C:\VS22\Code\Blink1\partitions.csv" ug\partitions.csv"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin>if not exist ug\partitions.csv" if exist variants\doitESP32devkitV1\partitions.csv" COPY variants\doitESP32devkitV1\partitions.csv" ug\partitions.csv"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin>if not exist ug\partitions.csv" COPY tools\partitions\default.csv" ug\partitions.csv"
        1 file(s) copied.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin>IF EXIST "C:\VS22\Code\Blink1\bootloader.bin" (COPY /y "C:\VS22\Code\Blink1\bootloader.bin" ug\Blink1.ino.bootloader.bin"  )  ELSE (IF EXIST variants\doitESP32devkitV1\bootloader.bin" (COPY variants\doitESP32devkitV1\bootloader.bin" ug\Blink1.ino.bootloader.bin"  )  ELSE (COPY /y tools\sdk\esp32\bin\bootloader_dio_80m.bin" ug\Blink1.ino.bootloader.bin"  ) )
        1 file(s) copied.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin>if exist "C:\VS22\Code\Blink1\build_opt.h" COPY /y "C:\VS22\Code\Blink1\build_opt.h" ug\build_opt.h"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin>if not exist ug\build_opt.h" type nul  ebug\build_opt.h"
Creating esp32 image...
Merged 2 ELF sections
Successfully created esp32 image.
Program size: 212,949 bytes (used 16% of a 1,310,720 byte maximum) (6.93 secs)
Minimum Memory Usage: 16100 bytes (5% of a 327680 byte maximum)

=====================================
Very very fast response 3 minutes gotta be a record !!
Brlliant support

Hello,

Thanks for the report, this is a message which is being incorrectly output when the vMicro > Compiler > Verbose is turned off.

It is a result of the build.hooks which run on the ESP32 boards as part of the build.

Can you log this on the forum so we can more easily update when this is fixed in the next build?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Weird Build output
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Doughboy wrote on Apr 28th, 2022 at 3:09pm:
Very very fast response 3 minutes gotta be a record !!
Brlliant support

Hello,

Thanks for the report, this is a diagnostics message which is being incorrectly output when the vMicro > Compiler > Verbose is turned off.

It is a result of the build.hooks which run on the ESP32 boards as part of the build.

Can you log this on the forum so we can more easily update when this is fixed in the next build?

Good to hear, thanks for the update.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2022 at 11:59pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint