Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic new Arduino project creation fails (Read 691 times)
FrankP

new Arduino project creation fails
May 17th, 2022 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
I tried to create a new Arduino project called 'WallE3_ChargingStn_V2' today with a Teensy 3.5 target and it failed with this error:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kwlO8eFIwp-I158gVj_D74i9ySJLiJMh/viewusp=sharin...

I tried again with 'NEW_Projecd' with an Arduino MEGA 2560 target and it worked fine.  Then I tried again with 'New_Teensy_Project' and a Teensy 3.5 target and this worked OK as well.  Then I tried again with ' WallE3_ChargingStn_V2' and a T3.5 target and it failed again, leading me to believe there is something about the project name that VM doesn't like.  In the recent past I was able to successfully create the ' WallE3_ChargingStn_V1' project, but I don't see how that should affect the creation of ' WallE3_ChargingStn_V2'

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

System config info attached

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: new Arduino project creation fails
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2022 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
I see the link works if I remove averything after the /viewsup.

The error is a VS error we have not seen before. The error is reported on the web but without explaination from Microsoft. We can also see a few code workarounds that we will investigate.

It's possible that the v2 folder already exists in your sketch book folder. Try removing it and restarting the IDE, does that then work?

If not then please confirm if you are using any file monitoring such as external source control and virus malware checkers?

IP Logged

FrankP

Reply #2 - May 17th, 2022 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Hmm, that's odd - I set the sharing for 'anyone with the link'.  Here it is again

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kwlO8eFIwp-I158gVj_D74i9ySJLiJMh/view?usp=shari...

It looks the same (except the 1st one was somehow mangled at the end.

BTW,  'WallE3_ChargingStnV2' works fine as well  - - and now so does the original problem filename 'WallE3_ChargingStn_V2' - arghhhh!!!

Sorry for the false alarm  Angry

Frank

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2022 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Great thanks for the update

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint