Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) ESP32-C3-DevKitC-02 debug/upload issue with ESP-PROG (Read 6700 times)
Marco (Italy)

Re: ESP32-C3-DevKitC-02 debug/upload issue with ESP-PROG
Reply #20 - Jul 7th, 2022 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
For the moment I can't go into ESP32C3 use, I have no choice but to stop the test sessions, I'm just endlessly repeating what I've already done. I thank Simon for his availability. I look forward to further updates.
Shocked Undecided

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: ESP32-C3-DevKitC-02 debug/upload issue with ESP-PROG
Reply #21 - Jul 7th, 2022 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
We are not sure why the USB Debugging did not work on your machine (Correct board, wiring, driver, OpenOCD Version, board.txt entries etc..), but for some reason it could never connect to your board.  Running the OpenOCD command directly in cmd always resulted in the error "Error: esp_usb_jtag: could not find or open device!".  It may be worth trying on another PC if you have one?

When we then moved to trying the JTAG debugging approach using the ESP-PROG, you burned the SOFT_DIS_JTAG fuse instead of either JTAG_SEL_ENABLE (which wasn't available), or the DIS_USB_JTAG (which is available) as we documented.  We have amended the image showing the fuse summary on this page in case this confused things, the instructional text remains the same.

As discussed we have not tried the SOFT_DIS_JTAG fuse, and the Espressif documentation seems to suggest the 256-bit HMAC secret key needs to be burned before the SOFT_DIS_JTAG fuse to then use the software to re-enable JTAG.

The choice of debugging options coupled with the delicate and potentially permanent fuse burning process for the ESP32C3 can make it difficult to get up and running, hence suggesting the USB route initially. This is all implemented by Espressif and we are just the glue between the components supplied by them.

Thank you for the detail and patience working through this with us, and let us know if you have any luck with the USB debugging on a different machine, however the SOFT_DIS_JTAG fuse may have also affected that on the board(s) with the fuse burned.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2022 at 3:15pm by Simon@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint