Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Problem installing Digispark board [Solved] (Read 5194 times)
Oomek
Newbies

Problem installing Digispark board [Solved]
Nov 7th, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to install the Digispark board from the url:
http://digistump.com/package_digistump_index.json
I entered it to the Optional Additional Boards field, pressed rescan, but nothing happens. The board is still missing on the bosrds list. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2016 at 5:39pm by Oomek »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Problem installing Digispark board
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Hi,

After adding a json and clicking rescan the digispark package should then be available in the Board Manager list (not the usable boards list)

(bug) If you can't see the package in board manager after clicking Rescan then click one more time.

Once a package is available in the Board Manager you will then see a list of platforms it supports (sometimes only one but often more). Click the platform you want to install and that will download the platform from the correct www location.

After installing a package click the Rescan (twice to be sure) or restart the ide and the boards of the platform will appear in the boards list.

Some packages, such as arduino, have multiple platforms which is why they are not immediately available after adding the location of a .json file.

An alternative...

The Arduino IDE can also be used to install json and packages which Visual Micro will auto detect during restart of after clicking rescan. The Arduino IDE works the same way where you first register the json and then use Board Manager to install the required platform.

Hope this makes sense.

IP Logged

Oomek
Newbies

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
My bad, I wasn't using the latest version. I was on 1607.20 It's working now. Sorry for a false alarm.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Great, yes there have been lots of fixes and enhancements this year. It was a big change to add support for the Board Manager so took a while to mature.

Thanks for the update.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint