HomeSearch Tutorials & Wiki visualmicro.com LoginHelpRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Most desired feature (Read 506 times)
keystoneclimber
Newbies

Most desired feature
Dec 21st, 2017 at 1:53am

I (and by that I mean my eyes) would LOVE to have a serial monitor with a dark background.  All of my other IDEs, code editors and basic text editors have a dark background and its so straining on my eyes to sit in a dark room coding with a bright background serial monitor glaring back at me.  Thanks for an overall great product!

ScreenShot007.png (68 KB | 30 )
ScreenShot007.png
ScreenShot008.png (34 KB | 21 )
ScreenShot008.png

IP Logged

Visual Micro
Administrator

United Kingdom
Re: Most desired feature
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 12:29pm

Thanks for the feedback. Yes all the old windows forms dialog windows need upgrading to wpf. It's a lot of work alongside the new arduino build processes and hardware.

I have to make a decision if to keep the product free or not. Many people only buy if they are forced too so it's not really justifying the investment at the moment.

Microsoft and Atmel also keep changing and breaking things so they are not much help  Smiley

IP Logged

amelia

ITALY
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2018 at 10:12am

.... and in addition its own "font size"

amelia

IP Logged

Visual Micro
Administrator

United Kingdom
Reply #3 - May 20th, 2018 at 10:37pm

Thanks for the prompt. This was forgotten but has now been added to the next release

The release can be downloaded using a link in the "work in progress" forum thread

The font is currently using the "tools>options>font & colors>text editor>text" setting but it won't scale properly. Instead you can use a new "Terminal Font" button on the Serial Monitor lower tool strip. You might need to click the little overflow errors bottom right of the monitor to see the button.

IP Logged

amelia

ITALY
Reply #4 - May 21st, 2018 at 5:07pm

It works fine.
Thanks.

amelia

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print