Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic M5Stack factory test compilation seems to use wrong SD.h libs (Read 3619 times)
Andreas E

M5Stack factory test compilation seems to use wrong SD.h libs
Nov 23rd, 2018 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Hi, 
I'm using the official esp32 package, vm version 1811.17, the board M5Stack-Core-ESP32, and the library M5Stack library version 0.2.4 (current).

When compiling the factory test example (https://m5stack.github.io/m5-docs/#/en/quick_start/m5core/m5stack_core_get_start...) it seems that the wrong libraries are used (SD.h from Arduino libs instead of the ones in the esp32 package). 

The same error message appears when just including the header file #include <M5Stack.h>

Please see the screencast for more information on the simple sketch with just including M5Stack.h, and the verbose log files, both included in the .rar archive.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Regards
Andreas
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2018 at 2:09pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Andreas E

Re: M5Stack factory test compilation seems to use wrong SD.h libs
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Hi, 
ok, I found that's a duplicate to 
https://www.visualmicro.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1541338838/1

I can confirm that with deleting the Arduino/libraries/SD foldr it now compiles.

Anyway, a solution other than deleting the "other" SD library directory would be great!

Regards
Andreas

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
I don't see this issue anymore. Can you confirm your vm api version in tools>options>visual Micro>version (major and minor)?

Please put the put back and restart the ivs de. Then attach a full build output as a .txt file. switch on vmicro>compiler>verbose and "show build properties" before the build.

Thanks

ps: if you added spi as a shared library to your solution when a different board type was selected then you need to remove the library and re-add it after switching board type. This only applies if you are using shared library projects in your solution.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2018 at 8:28pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Andreas E

Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 8:24am
Print Post  
I started from scratch with installing the board packages and library packages, building once in Arduino IDE and then it's working fine.
When switching boards I experience some issues, after some boards changes, cleanups and switching between release/debug, it finally worked to. 
Yes, I experienced the SPI-issues as you mentioned, too. Thanks for the hint.

So, for the moment it seems to work as expected.

Regards Andreas

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Yes becarefull if you switch boards with shared projects. If you switch boards a lot for the same main project code shared projects are not the way to go.

Instead use "vMicro>Toggle Hidden Files". You can see lib and core code with this method but when you switch board, in the same project, visual micro will remove and re-add the correct shortcuts.

Some libraries (such as your own) are probably not architecture dependent, therefore they can exist as shared library projects because the code files to be compiled are always from the same location.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2018 at 4:52pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Andreas E

Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Ok, good hint. Makes it easier and more stable. Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint