Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Debug: Stop execution, and as soon as I close the dialog, the action gets reset to continue executio (Read 1542 times)
Todd Osborne
Newbies

Debug: Stop execution, and as soon as I close the dialog, the action gets reset to continue executio
Mar 18th, 2019 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
I am using Visual Studio 2017 and targetting Teensy 3.2. Thanks. Seems I can no longer debug . I set a breakpoint, set the action to stop execution, and as soon as I close the dialog, the action gets reset to continue execution. The breakpoint is hit, but does not stop execution, rendering the debugging essentially useless.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2019 at 6:34pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Debug: Stop execution, and as soon as I close the dialog, the action gets reset to continue executio
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Visual Micro does not change or manage breakpoints other than adding the demo breakpoint if one does not exist and if tutorial mode is enabled.

In essence the breakpoint system is entirely a VS2017 c++ feature. I haven't heard of this issue before but they are making a lot of fixes and changes for VS2017 therefore please ensure you are on an update to date version and if that doesn't fix it try a repair of vs.

Out of interest. Can you confirm you are not debugging during the change of break-point properties?
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2019 at 6:37pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Todd Osborne
Newbies

Re: Debug: Stop execution, and as soon as I close the dialog, the action gets reset to continue executio
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
No, not trying to change breakpoints during debugging. I know VS is different than normal debugging and that breakpoints can only be set before upload.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks, okay sounds like a visual studio bug. Ensure on the latest release of vs2017 and run a repair.

If that fails please confirm if the issue happens in a new project. If the new project is okay then we need to look at the files of your current project. If I recall vs puts breakpoints in the .sln but I am sure it would only save changes when closing the solution therefore can't be a readonly/permissions issue.

It's a strange one, hopefully the repair fixes but bear in mind that Visual Micro doesn't know if the dialog is open or not. Do you have same problem if you "right click the breakpoint > action", that uses the inplace breakpoint editor instead of dialog.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint