Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New compiling issues wLed - new user (Read 1019 times)
OneSharpChisel
Newbies

New compiling issues wLed - new user
Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
5 months ago I successfully got visual micro, visual studio and a forked repository https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED to work with no issues.   I was super happy and all was working well.  All of a sudden there was a "refactoring" and everything is in disarray and I'm not sure where to start.  I'm sure it is something I am doing/or not.

Again I apologize ahead of time if this is making no sense.  Please let me know there is anything else I can provide.

Output file attached but I suspect this is something more foundational that I am missing. I'm happy to do my own work if it is simply as pointing me to a previous thread.  Thanks

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: New compiling issues wLed - new user
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
From a quick look (at the example SLN in repo at least) it appears as though all files have been updated but they haven't been removed from the project/sln files.  I expect this is the same situation you will be in as these files were built with the old project, and it now "remembers" the files which have been removed.

Note - If you click the "Show all files" at the top of the solution explorer this will highlight the missing source files with warning / error icons

Option 1: They can be manually removed in Solution Explorer one by one under the Headers / Source files Sections (Right Click > Remove each one)
Option 2: You can (backup and) remove the VCXPROJ and SLN files from the project. Then open VS and use File > Open > Arduino Project, this will then re-scan all headers and only include the valid ones which remain since the major refactor on that repo.

Hopefully that helps resolve the issue with that element of the compilation?
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2020 at 4:56pm by Simon@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

OneSharpChisel
Newbies

Re: New compiling issues wLed - new user
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Thank you so very much.  I went right with option 2 and that solved the problem.  I appreciate the "why" in the rely - a few light bulbs went off in my head.   

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint