Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Arduino IDE for Visual Studio

Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties and Verbose
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

HomeSearch Tutorials & Wiki visualmicro.com LoginHelpRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Upload buttons for COM and OTA (Read 294 times)
Acuario

Upload buttons for COM and OTA
Jun 8th, 2022 at 6:40pm

I usually use OTA to update my code. When I'm debugging I always have the serial debug window open connected via a serial port to the device.

Sometimes I manage to introduce a bug that makes my board crash (rare I know but it happens to us all..)
I then have to change from the IP address to the COM port to upload to the board. Then when it's all ok again I have to change back to the IP address.

It would be great to have the option to upload EITHER via OTA or to COM directly from the toolbar buttons to save the hassle of switching to and from COM to IP address.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

United Kingdom
Re: Upload buttons for COM and OTA
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 2:17am

Sorry for the delay. Open the Serial Monitor using the "Other" option. That allows you to leave the IP address as the main port selection.

Visual Micro supports multiple Serial Monitors therefore ports can be monitored unrelated to the current project.

Tim Leek
home
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print