Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) Debugging errors (Read 5866 times)
Deonis
Newbies

Debugging errors
Oct 4th, 2018 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Hi
I have a full version of VisualMicro (key purchased). And I have two problems:
1 When I try to debug (press F5), I get 6 errors.
2 I am from Russia and I have a Russian version of Visual Studio 17 and, accordingly, logs in my Russian language Sad
I will attach a screenshot maybe this will help ...

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Debugging errors
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Hi,

1)
Your image shows the "Errors List" but we need to see the Output from "Micro Build"

2)
I see you have a custom board selected. Please also make test comparison with a standard Arduino board.

3)
Maybe we have a permissions issue with the Blink location. Does "File>New>Arduino Project" build and upload correctly?

Thanks
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2018 at 3:15pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Deonis
Newbies

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 3:13pm:
3)
Maybe we have a permissions issue with the Blink location. Does "File>New>Arduino Project" build and upload correctly?

In the example above, a standard file from the Arduino library was used (VisualMicro Explorer -> Examples-> Basics-> Blink  "Open Copy"). But the same problems arise with files created through File ->Create -> Project -> Arduino project ...

2)
I see you have a custom board selected. Please also make test comparison with a standard Arduino board.

Just checked on Arduino uno, same error

1)
Your image shows the "Errors List" but we need to see the Output from "Micro Build"

With this problem, if I use "Build" or "Build and unload", then in "Output Windows" I have "Micro Build". The program without problems is unloaded into the board.
But if I click F5, I get a pop-up window Microsoft Visual Studio with the message "Bugs encountered. Continue and run successfully built version?" "Yes" "No" 
If I click "no", I get what you saw in the screenshot above, and there is no possibility to choose "Micro Build"
If I click "yes",  I get the second window Microsoft Visual Studio with the message "unable to start debugging. check debugging options; To do this, open the project properties and go to the section "Configuration properties -> debugging"" And then again the window from the screenshot above ...
Perhaps something is wrong with the VS settings...
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2018 at 4:08pm by Deonis »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Is is possible you have altered any tools>options>visual micro?

The compiler> "debug configuration" and "release configuration" should be empty.

IP Logged

Deonis
Newbies

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:39pm:
Is is possible you have altered any tools>options>visual micro?

Maybe, but what exactly? What to look at?

Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:39pm:
The compiler> "debug configuration" and "release configuration" should be empty.

Solution Explorer -> select project in a tree -> Alt+Enter -> Debug -> window is empty.  Are you talking about this?

If I reinstall the extension VisualMicro, the settings will be reset?
What will happen to the license key?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:09am
Print Post  
We need to look at "Tools>Options>Visual Micro>Compiler>Debug Configuration". Is it empty?

IP Logged

Deonis
Newbies

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:09am:
We need to look at "Tools>Options>Visual Micro>Compiler>Debug Configuration". Is it empty?

Yes, empty.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
When the project is open please confirm that "vMicro>Debugger>Automatic Debugging" is enabled.

IP Logged

Deonis
Newbies

Reply #8 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
When the project is open please confirm that "vMicro>Debugger>Automatic Debugging" is enabled.

Уes, "Automatic Debugging" is enabled

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
1)
Does the problem happen if the toolbar is set to "Release" instead of "Debug"?

2)
If you un-check the project from Build using the "Build>Configuration Manager" menu item does visual micro than attempt to handle the build instead of VS. (The error you see is VS trying to build which normally visual micro would override)

3)
Please paste "Help>about > copy Info" here so we can see what other extensions are installed.

IP Logged

Deonis
Newbies

Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:19pm:
1)
Does the problem happen if the toolbar is set to "Release" instead of "Debug"?

The problem occurs in any state

2)
If you un-check the project from Build using the "Build>Configuration Manager" menu item does visual micro than attempt to handle the build instead of VS. (The error you see is VS trying to build which normally visual micro would override)

Yes, if the un-check is a Build flag, the window with errors disappears, when I get f5 I get an error - "it is impossible to debug debugging ..." (no error window)
I understand that the error window is a VC window There was a problem ligament VS and VisualMicro
I noticed if I open a classic C++ project, then the error counter is 0. 
If I open the Arduino project, then immediately after opening, errors appear in the standard Visual Studio window (screenshot), this is mistake of  IntelliSense
I’m clicking on the "build" VisualMicro window appears without errors. I click F5, again the window of errors is a visual studio ...

3)
Please paste "Help>about > copy Info" here so we can see what other extensions are installed.

I inserted a report but it is 80% in Russian ...
You can believe that I didn’t set anything apart from the visual studio and visualmicro
-----------------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 
Версия 15.6.6
VisualStudio.15.Release/15.6.6+27428.2037
Microsoft .NET Framework
Версия 4.7.03056

Установленная версия: Community

Visual C++ 2017   00369-60000-00001-AA269
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017

Arduino for Visual Studio   1.0
Arduino extension for Visual Studio. For more information please see docs, faq and forum at https://www.visualmicro.com

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2017   15.0.40314.0
ASP.NET and Web Tools 2017

JavaScript Project System   2.0
JavaScript Project System

Microsoft JVM Debugger   1.0
Provides support for connecting the Visual Studio debugger to JDWP compatible Java Virtual Machines

Microsoft MI-Based Debugger   1.0
Provides support for connecting Visual Studio to MI compatible debuggers

ProjectServicesPackage Extension   1.0
ProjectServicesPackage Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Test Adapter for Boost.Test   1.0
Enables Visual Studio's testing tools with unit tests written for Boost.Test.  The use terms and Third Party Notices are available in the extension installation directory.

Адаптер теста для Google Test   1.0
Включает средства тестирования Visual Studio и модульные тесты для Google Test.  Условия использования и уведомления сторонних производителей см. в каталоге установки расширения.

Диспетчер пакетов NuGet   4.6.0
Диспетчер пакетов NuGet в Visual Studio. Дополнительную информацию о NuGet см. на веб-сайте http://docs.nuget.org/.

Инструменты Visual Studio для CMake   1.0
Инструменты Visual Studio для CMake

Мастера Microsoft Visual C++   1.0
Мастера Microsoft Visual C++

Набор средств Visual Studio Tools для универсальных приложений для Windows   15.0.27428.01
Набор средств Visual Studio Tools для универсальных приложений для Windows позволяет создавать универсальные приложения, взаимодействие с которыми не будет различаться при работе на любых устройствах с ОС Windows 10: телефонах, планшетах, ПК и других. Набор средств включает пакет Microsoft Windows 10 SDK.

Общие инструменты Windows Azure   1.10
Предоставляет общие службы для использования мобильными службами и инструментами Microsoft Azure.

Пакет VC Microsoft Visual Studio   1.0
Пакет VC Microsoft Visual Studio

Пакет размещения адаптеров отладки Visual Studio Code   1.0
Уровень взаимодействия для размещения адаптеров отладки Visual Studio Code в Visual Studio

Пакет средств Application Insights для Visual Studio   8.11.10402.2
Средства Application Insights для Visual Studio

Система проектов JavaScript UWP   2.0
Система проектов JavaScript UWP

Средства C#   2.7.0-beta3-62715-05. Commit Hash: db02128e6e3c4bdfc93e6ec425ac9162b4d4fe80
Компоненты C#, используемые в среде IDE. В зависимости от типа и параметров проекта может использоваться другая версия компилятора.

Средства TypeScript   15.6.20202.3
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:06pm by Deonis »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Thanks, I think the fact you have enabled "Tools>Options>Gdb>Gdb Enable" there is confusion with the Microsoft Gdb extension you have installed. Switch off Gdb Enable, it's beta and probably will be removed until we discontinue support for vs2012 and 2013

IP Logged

Deonis
Newbies

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:32pm:
Thanks, I think the fact you have enabled "Tools>Options>Gdb>Gdb Enable" there is confusion with the Microsoft Gdb extension you have installed. Switch off Gdb Enable, it's beta and probably will be removed until we discontinue support for vs2012 and 2013

I have no Microsoft GDB. in "Tools> Opions" the only mention of the GDB in the VisualMicro section. (screenshot)

When I press f5, I get a message that debugging cannot be started. asked to check the debugging parameters in the section of the configuration property -> debugging

Most importantly, as soon as I got the key Vitalmiro I studied the example on debugging on the website Viswamitra and it worked for me. Later I tried to debug the code, received an error message, decided that it is possible due to the fact that I have too heavy code (several classes, arrays of classes + fastled library), and I debugged the logic in the standard C++ rewriting treatment associated with Arduino. Now my program is much easier, it caused questions, I decided to repeat the examples from the site, the same error...
What has changed during this time? Is visual studio updated? Updated Arduino IDE? I dont know. The micro visual is installed on my two computers (at home and at work). Both here and there, the Arduino debugging does not work with the same error. On both computers there is a clean Visual Studio and one addition, this is a visual micro. Any additions and no longer put ...
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2018 at 2:56pm by Deonis »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Sorry I was saying that you had installed the Microsoft MI Debugger extension.

My request is:- Please switch off "Tools>Options>Visual Micro>Gdb>Gdb Enable"

IP Logged

Deonis
Newbies

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Thanks helped!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint