Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic wrong compiler associated (Read 1044 times)
Marcel Reinhardt
Newbies

wrong compiler associated
Oct 6th, 2019 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Dear all,

I just entered the Visual Micro world because of the advantages of getting Intellisense support.

In general building, downloading and even debugging is working great.
But the feature I've been panting for doesn't work.

Whenever I'm changing a setting orĀ  compiling the project I#m getting the messages from as in the pictures attached.

I did test this with Visual Studio 2017 and 2019 Community.

After searching the web I'm hoping to get some help here.
(Maybe I something did wrong, but I found only tons of related topics only applicable for Visual Studio Code)

I'm looking forward to your answers!

Regards
Marcel

PS: the German text portion means: Internal Error, Do contact Microsoft support.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Marcel Reinhardt
Newbies

Re: wrong compiler associated
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
sorry, maybe some additional information are helpful:

All testing occurred with the build in Blink demo project and  "Ardunio UNO" board. 

Attached please find the verbose build log. Maybe I'm overlooking something very trivial.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Hi it is possible you have inadvertently used the "Open Folder" feature in Visual Studio. It is a new feature that is only partially supported by Visual Micro but also does not offer the majority of functionality provided by the standard visual studio project and solution system.

You are seeing an intellisense issue.

Please close the folder or the ide, then restart. In Vs2019 you can click the link to proceed to empty ide.

In an empty ide click "File>Open>Arduino Project". This will allow you to select an existing Arduino sketch and Visual Micro will then create and open a Visual Studio project showing all the sources from the sketch. In future you can then open the project using any of the standard visual studio file>open>project features or again use File>Ope>Arduino Project.

I suggest you follow the first steps guide in our documentation to see various ways to create or open arduino sketches/projects. It is a simple system that also keeps your arduno code working as normal.

https://www.visualmicro.com/page/User-Guide.aspx?doc=index

If you have continued issues, your verbose output confirms build OK and that you are reporting an intellisense issue. Please show screen shot of IDE with solution and code file open.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2019 at 7:34pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Marcel Reinhardt
Newbies

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the very fast response!

I didn't use Open Folder method as you assume but I did follow all the proposed ways of creating or opening the projects.
The result is always the same:

Attached please find a screenshot of the IDE right after the project was created.

When creating the project, I did see design time error messages. They ask me to set an environment variable "TRACEDESIGNTIME" to value true.
This results in a very long logging information which I added here as well. May You can see what's wrong from that.

Let me know if I can do anything else!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Oh I see sorry that suggests the C++ in Visual Studio is not installed properly. The ms extension system does attempt to auto install c++ if missing so I am surprised it's a problem.

Please ensure c++ is installed in your iDE's and confirm if you have used "File>New>Arduino Project" or "File>New>Project>C++/Visual Micro" to create your project.  Also test with a new project so that you have tried both routes.

This isn't a problem I have heard of before so might also be related to another extension you have installed (but i am guessing)

The c++ compiler (platform) for intellisense should be auto specified in the project properties that you see when right clicking > properties of a project in the solution explorer. What is it set to?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint