Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Add Libraries to VMicro (Read 2110 times)
Luk-11
Newbies

Add Libraries to VMicro
Apr 5th, 2019 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Hey guys, 

I am using Visual Studio 2017 and have just installed VMicro. 
In VMicro --> Ide --> <Configure IDE Locations> I have entered both the location of my Arduino IDE and the location of the Project that I am working on (in this directory, there is an additional Libraries folder). 

When I compile my program I get the error message shown in the second figure. 

So, apparently the WiFi101.h library cannot be found. 
What might be the issue? How can I solve this ? 

I was thinking: Maybe Add Library --> Download and Install Arduino Library. But everything I have tried out here so far, didn't solve the issue. 

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Add Libraries to VMicro
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
You should clear the optional sketch book folder and not enter a path into that field.

Are you new to arduino?

IP Logged

Luk-11
Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 9:50am
Print Post  
yeah, I'm new to Arduino. 

I have tried to leave the optional sketchbook location empty, as you suggested, but I get a different error then (see first figure). 

Now, the user-defined library Logging.h can no longer be found. I have a directory named "libraries" in the directory specified by the optional sketchbook location. IN this directory, there is another directory named "Logging". 

I have now set the optional sketchbook location once again. And I have tried to install the WiFi101.h library. I went to the "Add Library"-drop down, "Download and install Arduino library", "Manage Libraries", and then (since nothing happened in this manager) I clicked "Install a library from a zip" (see second figure) to install this library, that I found on the internet: 
https://github.com/arduino-libraries/WiFi101/tree/master/src

Well. I think that was a mistake. I have no idea where this library got installed now, so I cannot delete it again. I get multiple errors of the form "redefinition of class WiFiClient" etc. 

Sorry, I'm a little lost atm.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Leave the sketchbook empty so you are using standard arduino config. The standard location for the arduino sketchbook is mydocument\arduino. 

Put your library below \ folder called \Libraries under the sketchbook location.

Open the arduino ide and attempt to build a simple project using the library, 

After a short time using the arduino ide you will have proven your configuration.

Then use start visual studio and use visual micro. We always recommended using the standard arduino ide first.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint